Abrams Children’s Books Temporary Permission
ABRAMS is eager to support and encourage the creative efforts of educators and others who are providing remote learning in this environment. We would be happy if you chose one or more of our books to read online to your students and participants.
We ask that you follow these guidelines when doing so:
- Please note at the beginning of the video that you are reading with permission of Abrams Children’s Books, and please note the title, author, and illustrator of the book.
- Please only post your video through your school’s private platform or through another group or platform with limited access for your students only.
- Viewers cannot be charged for viewing the video. Permission granted by Abrams is for noncommercial use only. Please delete your video or disable by December 31, 2020.
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, school, city, state, the title and author/illustrator of the book(s) you would like to read online, as well as a follow-up email with a link to your video once you’ve read it.
- By posting a reading, you are agreeing to abide by the above guidelines.
Booksellers, libraries, and museums that are doing similar readings and/or live events should also follow the above guidelines.
Please note: Any bookseller, library, or museum event may not be maintained in the archive of the social media platform used.
Any other organization or charity that is interested in doing online reading of our books should contact us at email@example.com.
Thank you for all you are doing. And please tag @abramskids in any Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook posts affiliated with your readings so we can see your efforts in action!